Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Lady Feminists Peace Parade

As some of you know, from my other blog The Pictorial Arts, I'm on an extended leave from blogging. But I just can't see missing a Sunday posting of a Pogo Sunday strip. I wouldn't miss a Sunday, Kelly Sunday unless it was a case of death or taxes, or something like that. I'm posting it on Saturday night, cuz I'll be busy on Sunday morning.

In checking my records, I notice that I haven't posted even one Sunday strip from 1970 yet, so here's the first of those (with 51 more to come, in time). This is from the middle of a pretty long arc (April to October). You know how Kelly wanders all over the map, yet usually has a thread running for months, and you can't quite tell where and when an arc begins or ends. But this particular strip is seemingly unconnected to the arc it's embedded in, so I thought I'd bring it up here, and then when we get to that arc (soon), it won't distract from the flow.

I know the Formth of Joo-lie was nearly a month ago, but in the Whirled of Kelly, time is irrelephant . . . so . . .

Kelly's strips are the loveliest, are they not? Below, a closer look at that sweet brace of doves:


2 comments:

  1. another great story starting--thanks--charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, get on with whatever is scheduled in REAL life! I'm sure all of us Kelly-philes will support me in this sentiment - even though starting a week without a Pogo Sunday strip - courtesy Tom Haller, hourray for the man!- would be a disappointment...
    THANK YOU, Charlie!

    ReplyDelete