Sunday, May 19, 2013

Where Is Everybody? Come Out, Don't Be Afraid!

Woosh, another Sunday comin' up over the horizon. 

And here's another Kandi strip by Kelly from a Looney Tunes issue, scanned by this blog's friend OtherEric, of the Digital Comic Museum, and lovingly shared with us Kelly fanatics. This is an early production for Kelly, with his style only barely formative. Yet it's charming art and worthy of archiving here. 

In fact OtherEric made a point in an email to me that even if certain Kelly stuff might be posted elsewhere, here we like to share BIG scans, and really ALL of Kelly's work belongs here since we've come this far with this much stuff. So be prepared, this blog is going to go on and on, even with stuff you may own or have seen elsewhere. 

LONG LIVE KELLY!





Oh gosh, Eric, I don't remember which Looney Tunes isn this was.

Update from OtherEric:

This one is from Looney Tunes & Merry Melodies #15; it's the last Kandi story according to Overstreet. But I keep hoping there's one more story that I haven't tracked down since there wasn't one in issue 6, I figure the best candidates for that error are 7, 9, and 16.

3 comments:

  1. This one is from Looney Tunes & Merry Melodies #15; it's the last Kandi story according to Overstreet. But I keep hoping there's one more story that I haven't tracked down since there wasn't one in issue 6, I figure the best candidates for that error are 7, 9, and 16.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, where IS everybody out there?
    Afraid or too lazy to offer any reaction?

    Thank you, Thom and Eric, for sharing your treasures.

    Hun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, Hun, YOU got my double reference.

    I so appreciate your comments and the few other regulars. Comments keep me going when I feel like retiring from blogging.

    ReplyDelete