Monday, December 13, 2010

Well, If It Isn't the Baby Mouse —

Yay, another tale of The Adventures of Peter Wheat, by Walt Kelly! These scans, from issue #32 are generously provided by OtherEric of the Digital Comic Museum, with clean-up editing by me. If you enjoy it, and why wouldn't you, please let OtherEric know, via the comments. If you do let him know, he'll be more inclined to search out for more Peter Wheats and share with us.

Kelly's renditions of mice are the best in the business.

















7 comments:

  1. fantastic! thank you for this great contribution!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    It's awesome how color looks in these scans and the high-definition of the image
    Thank you both for this gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. real nice & Peter Wheat saves the day one more time--charlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you for these. I had never seen Peter Wheat, and I had no idea until the very end, it would be part of an advertisement. I love the illustrations, and until the last couple of pages, when it all resolved fairly quickly, I thought it would be great as a reprint for a children's story, complete with heroes, villains, clever concepts (I love the shoe as a boat, and the twig as a club!), and an endearing mouse protagonist. Please, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these Peter Wheat's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly appreciate the reproduction of these Peter Wheat stories.

    I would also like to read more of the practical specifics of the digital clean-up of these and of other comic book stories. I've a few tricks, but I'm sure that I could learn a great deal more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of Kelly's mice, over at Ten Cent Dreams, Lysdexicuss has reproduced Christmas with Mother Goose #172, including “The 3 Blind Mice and a Christmas Deed”.

    ReplyDelete