Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thought I Saw an Otter

The Adventures of Peter Wheat #28, as always courtesy of OtherEric of the Digital Comic Museum. His words come after.


Here we go back to single issue stories. Kelly continues his playing with scale here, with the Rock-Norse being as small to Peter as Peter is to a normal human, and with the contrast between the Otter and the Shrew. It also features a couple of amazing fight scenes. I've said it before and will probably say it again: Kelly could have been one of the great adventure strip artists if he wanted to; his fights are just perfectly choreographed and executed. And as always his ability to convey emotion in his characters' expressions is unsurpassed.


I really like stories where enemies become friends.


  1. Peter Wheat MAKES my week! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

  2. Jeff, you said that Pogo makes your Sunday, and Peter Wheat makes your week. I think we got ya covered for a while, buddy!

  3. just finished reading this great story--it shows how well drawn "people" were in these stories--I am reading these on a 32" monitor & they look great--I picked this up at Best Buy a couple weeks ago [a 32" dynex tv] $259 cost----this really shows detail--charlie