Monday, November 14, 2011

Relentless

Well, I would be a heartless cad if I let down the vocal minority and withheld my little stash of Pogo archives. I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it (or hold anything HOStage, Mykal). Every once in a while I jes' needs to check in to make sure the telegraph poles haven't been cut down and I'm dit dit dotting to the ether. Contrary to the comedian up on stage who can hear you breathing, all I can hear from here are the neighbor kids calling for their lost dog.

I'm a little taken back by the couple of comments disparaging Peter Wheat and his adventures. Though after I thought about it a bit, I agree that Peter is a bit of a prig, though an admirable one, considering he is royalty. I'm enjoying Peter Wheat adventures because of Kelly's art and that it strays deeply into fairy tale country, with goblins and dragons and evil looking hornets. OtherEric is our correspondent from that country, and I'm not going to do anything to discourage his dispatches. Anybody who doesn't enjoy a quick visit to the wheat fields' micro-community, can just wait out in the lobby until we head back over to the Okefenokee. Speaking of which, I need to confess right here to one and all: I think Pogo is a bit of a prig himself, all self-righteous and quiet and sane. The rest of the swamp could be in an uproar and he jes' sits there being homespun and all. Thank the creator for Albert. He's the life of the party.

Well, anyway, thank you one and all who have commented, and even those who wanted to but couldn't or thought better of it. Your passion for the Whirled of Kelly will keep it whirling until I've exhausted my stash (that day will come, I say with tears in my eyes, but not for a while). Charlie, I'll keep em coming for you if nothing else, but yeah for the rest of you too.

Those of you who have commented passionately represent hundreds more who have better things to do than reply to my HOStage demands (Mykal) ;>), so I'm satisfied that Kelly fans are enjoying this stuff as much as I am.

Therefore, relentless onward!




6 comments:

  1. Tom,

    I get long stretches of time when no one responds to MY blog postings, either, so don't worry, you're in good company.

    I think that the start of the Fantagraphics collections (the first one is now solicited for this week) will help, especially if you do reviews and such.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the Pogo Sundays coming, Thom! My wife and I are enjoying each one.

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh please keep them coming. The art is inspiring my own work a lot! I love seeing new pages come up. Beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom,

    POGO V1 is now officially solicited for next week according to ComicList, along with the first Fantagraphics Carl Barks volume. A nice two-fer, I'd say!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you hear the cheering and clapping from this side of the atlantic?
    Hooray for Thomas Haller Buchanan who makes our Sunday every week.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DO hear the cheering! Wow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete